Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Animated Videos and Presentation Oh My!

I must confess before writing this blog that I (wait for it) am not a full time math teacher......yes...it is true, I just have the fortunate luck of getting to teach math occasionally.  My real background is business and I have been able to teach in a computer lab for many years now.  With the access, I am able to play with and try out new programs that are available to schools.  

Recently we were covering the exciting world of ergonomics and the final project calls for the creation of a poster.  I thought to myself...a poster...this is crazy...we have all this access to technology (we don't even print assignments my class)  - there must be something better.  I headed off into Twitterland and found PowToon......and any site that has a cool slogan that claims it "brings awesomeness to your presentations" has to be a great site!  

I took a quick look around, checked out a few animated videos and was sold!  It is a super easy free (yes!!!!) web based program.  One can easily and quickly create animated videos as well as slide shows, and there are even fun little tutorials if needed.



I set my kids loose onto the program and within a few days, they had created some great little videos to present to the class.  They were much more interesting then posters and my students had a lot of fun creating them.  What is great about the program is they could all put their own creative spin on it and still easily meet the parameters of the assignment.  

I recommend that you head on over and check it out at http://www.powtoon.com/



1 comment:

  1. Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete